The upkeep of the Commons is funded by a precept from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, supplemented by grants and donations. Quarterly accounts are presented at each Conservators’ meeting, the budget for each year is presented in December and the annual accounts are presented at the June meeting.
Accounts are externally audited every year and, following best practice, they are also internally audited by the Borough Council.
The Conservators’ financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March. Additional information for earlier years can be found in Transparency on Spend section below.
The budget for the current financial year 2021/22 can be found here:
Budget & Precept 2021/22.
The approved budget for 2022/23 can be found here: Budget 2022/23
Annual accounting statements, governance statement and auditors’ reports
The Conservators’ most recent annual financial reports can be found here:
- Audited Statement of Accounts for 20/21
- Annual Governance Statement 20/21
- Notice of conclusion of audit for 20/21
- External Auditor’s certificate and report on the limited assurance review of the 2020/21 financial statements applicable to smaller authorities.
Reports for previous years can be found in the Transparency on Spend section below.
Year to date expenditure
Quarterly statements for previous years can be found in the Transparency on Spend section below.
Transparency on Spend
Financial records for previous years.
- 2020/21 – Statement 1, Statement 2, Statement 3 (included in budget for 2021-22)
Certificate of Employer’s Liability Insurance
Is available to view here: certificate of employer’s liability insurance 2022