The upkeep of the Commons is funded by a precept from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, supplemented by grants and donations. Quarterly accounts are presented at each Conservators’ meeting, the budget for each year is proposed in January and the annual accounts are presented at the April meeting.
Accounts are externally audited every year and, following best practice, they are also internally audited by the Mid Kent Audit Partnership.
The Conservators’ financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March. Additional information for earlier years can be found in Transparency on Spend section below.
The budget for the current financial year 2022/23 can be found here:
The accounts for the year 2021/22 have been completed and approved by the Conservators.
- Statement of Accounts for 2021/22
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2021/22 has been audited by PKF Littlejohn LLP and is hereby published for public inspection as set out in the notice of public rights: Notice of conclusion of audit
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2021/22 has been subject to internal audit by the Mid Kent Audit Partnership and external audit by PKF Littlejohn LLP. Please note, the internal auditors answered “no” for M and N as we didn’t comply with the publication requirements before the 1 July 2021, which is referenced by PKF Littlejohn LLP in the External Auditor’s Certificate & Report 20/21.
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2021/22 S1 & S2
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2021/22 S3
Reports for previous years can be found in the Transparency on Spend section below.
Year to date expenditure (2022/23)
Quarterly statements for previous years can be found in the Transparency on Spend section below.
Transparency on Spend
Financial records for previous years.
External Auditor’s certificate and report on the limited assurance review of the 2020/21 financial statements applicable to smaller authorities.
- 2020/21 – Statement 1, Statement 2, Statement 3 (included in budget for 2021-22) Statement 4,
- 2021/22 –Statement 1, Statement 2, Statement 3 Statement 4
Certificate of Employer’s Liability Insurance
Is available to view here: certificate of employer’s liability insurance 2023