The upkeep of the Commons is funded by a precept from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, supplemented by grants and donations. Quarterly accounts are presented at each Conservators’ meeting, the budget for each year is presented in December and the annual accounts are presented at the June meeting.
Accounts are externally audited every year and, following best practice, they are also internally audited by the Borough Council.
The Conservators’ financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March. Additional information for earlier years can be found in Transparency on Spend section below.
The budget for the current financial year 2020/21 can be found here:
Budget & Precept 2020/21
The budget and precept request for each financial year are approved at the Conservators’ December meeting. The budget for next year 2021/22 can be found here:
Budget & Precept 2021/22
Annual accounting statements, governance statement and auditors’ reports
The Conservators’ most recent annual financial reports can be found here:
- Final Statement of Accounts for 2019/20.
- Summary Accounting Statements, Internal Auditor’s Report and Governance Statement as included in the Conservators’ Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2019/20.
- Notice of Public Rights to inspect accounts and related documents. The public inspection period for the 2019/20 financial statements has closed. The public inspection period for the 2020/21 financial statements will open following the Conservators’ June 2021 meeting.
- External Auditor’s certificate and report on the limited assurance review of the 2019/20 financial statements applicable to smaller authorities.
Reports for previous years can be found in the Transparency on Spend section below.
Year to date expenditure
- Statement No. 1
- Statement No. 2
- Statement No. 3 (the budget for 2021-22 includes a statement of YTD expenditure at the end of Period 3)
The fifth statement of each year covers the period between the report to the Conservators’ March meeting and 31 March. It is presented at the June meeting, along with the first statement of the new year.
Quarterly statements for previous years can be found in the Transparency on Spend section below.
Transparency on Spend
Financial records for previous years.