The upkeep of the Commons is funded by a precept from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, supplemented by grants and donations. Quarterly accounts are presented at each Conservators’ meeting, the budget for each year is proposed in January and the annual accounts are presented at the April meeting.
Accounts are externally audited every year and, following best practice, they are also internally audited by the Mid Kent Audit Partnership.
The Conservators’ financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March. Additional information for earlier years can be found in Transparency on Spend section below.
The budget for the current financial year 2023/24 can be found here:
The accounts for the year 2022/23 have been completed and approved by the Conservators:
- Statement of Accounts for 2022/23
- Statutory notice of the period to inspect unaudited accounts
- Annual Governance Statement 2022/23 and Accounting Statements 2022/23
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2022/23 has been audited by PKF Littlejohn LLP and is hereby published for public inspection as set out in the notice of public rights: Notice of conclusion of audit
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2022/23 has been subject to internal audit by the Mid Kent Audit Partnership and external audit by PKF Littlejohn LLP.
- External Auditor’s certificate and report 2022/23.
Year to date expenditure (2023/24)
Transparency on Spend
Financial records for previous years.
- 2020/21 documents as follows:
- 2021/22 documents as follows:
- 2020/21 – Statement 1, Statement 2, Statement 3 (included in budget for 2021-22) Statement 4,
- 2021/22 – Statement 1, Statement 2, Statement 3 Statement 4
- 2022/23 – Statement 1, Statement 2, Statement 3, Statement 4
Certificate of Employer’s Liability Insurance
Is available to view here: certificate of employer’s liability insurance 2023