Projects & works
Each year, a number of improvement projects are carried out on the Commons in line with the long-term Management Plan. These may be funded from the Borough Council precept but are more often supported by grants and donations from the Friends of the Commons and other bodies.
- Wetland scrapes at Bulls Hollow
- A new pond at the Marlpits in Rusthall
- Holly scrub clearance in Happy Valley
- Reedmace removal at Bracken Cottage Pond
- Holly clearance near Wellington Rocks, that will open up a commemorative planting of oak trees for the coronation of George VI